Sisters serving in the Parish: The Daughters of Charity of
The Daughters of Charity of Canossa (known as the Canossian Sisters) are a religious group founded in 1808 in Verona, Italy 1808 by St Magdalene of Canossa. St Magdalene is one of the few founders who established religious communities of women and men, as well as Lay Canossian Associates who are both women and men.
The Daughters of Charity of Canossa are presently serving in six Continents: Australia, Africa, Mexico, Asia, Europe, North and South America. The sisters have been present in Richmond, BC since 1988.
There are currently two sisters helping in different Ministries in Canadian Martyrs Parish:
Sr Elisa Grignoli is involved in PREP, RCIA, Legion of Mary and helping in other Parish Ministries.
Sr Cecilia Cham works with the Cantonese Youth Group, and the Legion of Mary. She is also a Chaplain at the Vancouver General Hospital.
The Canossian Sisters can be reached at:
Mother of the Redeemer Convent,
6071 Christina Road,
Richmond B.C. V7C 2P7
Fax: as above